Excellent slot technology for durable products
Emerell is available as your reliable partner when flexibility and air permeability are important with the use of your film.
We produce high-quality slot-perforated blown films for you. With our lines the extrusion and perforation can be combined in a single work step (inline). Up to 65,000 slots per square metre, film thicknesses between 15 and 100 µm and film widths of up to 2000 mm are possible. Offline, film thicknesses of up to 200 µm and film widths of up to 3100 mm are available. Thanks to many years of experience, we are also experts when it comes to the processing of highly elastic and adhesive raw materials and also the temperature control of challenging polymers. With multilayer films we are also accomplished in dealing with greatly different melt flow rates (MFR) of the individual layers. The extensive plant enables unique small productions and also the continuous production of small and large quantities.
With the combination of blown film extrusion and slot perforation we target the following customers:
- We support film manufacturers in the switch from punched perforation and other techniques to slot perforation and also as a production partner for existing and new products.
- We help manufacturers of textiles, non-woven materials and specialty papers obtain higher-quality products with specific properties.
- Industrial users optimise their production processes and product quality with slot-perforated films.
- Raw materials manufacturers can provide their customers with the raw materials in another administration form.
- Raw materials suppliers extend their range of services with extrusion coating.
- We help contract developers (engineering offices) and start-ups with the realisation of new product solutions.
- Polyolefins such as polyethylene, polypropylene and corresponding copolymers such as ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers (EVA)
- Thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs)
- Halogenated polymers
- Renewable raw materials (polylactides, starch polymers, etc.)
Advantages over punched perforation
- The slotting process produces a flexible film, which prevents folds and bulges.
- The air can escape through the slots during processing (e.g. lamination). This means there are no air pockets. The composite material remains air-permeable, however.
- When textiles are glued with a slotted film, they still feel the same and continue to fall like a usual textile.
- No impairment in the appearance of the glued materials (no punching burr)
- The system is highly flexible in terms of film thickness (grammage), raw material composition and formula.
- No loss of glued surface
- Mono blown film lines
- 3-layer blown film lines
- 5-layer blown film lines
- Mono and 5-layer blown film lines for laboratory and pilot extrusion
Advice and support
Our team of experienced process engineers, chemists and mechanical engineers supports you in the first tests, market launch, regular production and also further development of your products. We clarify the technical and economic feasibility and provide you with samples for your own tests. We dispose of test waste and residual substances properly for you.
Head of Technology
T +41 26 497 81 56