Sophisticated solutions for complex products
As a reliable partner for extrusion coating, Emerell supports you when you want to break new technological ground with your products.
In the extrusion process we coat many different substrates with challenging materials for you. With our lines we can manufacture complex composite materials while feeding two substrates at the same time. Thanks to suitable predrying facilities, highly hygroscopic raw materials can also be processed. Surfaces with low adhesion can be pretreated inline, and in the case of coating materials with high adhesiveness a separating layer can be inserted. The coating thickness can vary between 20 and 500 g/m2 and production widths of up to 2100 mm are possible. Deckling dies match the coating perfectly with the substrate width. Special assemblies such as short roll lengths and roll widths below 1000 mm make the further processing of your products easier.
With extrusion coating we target the following customers:
- We support film manufacturers in the switch from lamination to extrusion coating and also as a production partner for existing and new products.
- We help manufacturers of textiles, non-woven materials and specialty papers obtain higher-quality products with specific properties (non-slip, airtight, watertight, etc.)
- Industrial users optimise their production processes and product quality with our solutions.
- Raw materials manufacturers can provide their customers with the raw materials in another administration form.
- Raw materials suppliers extend their range of services with extrusion coating.
- We help contract developers (engineering offices) and start-ups with the realisation of new product solutions.
- Polyolefins such as polyethylene, polypropylene and corresponding copolymers such as ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers (EVA)
- Thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs), in particular thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs)
Advice and support
Our team of experienced process engineers, chemists and mechanical engineers supports you in the first tests, market launch, regular production and also further development of your products. We clarify the technical and economic feasibility and provide you with samples for your own tests. We dispose of test waste and residual substances properly for you.
- Cotton and mixed cotton fabrics
- Non-woven fabrics made of polypropylene (PP), polyester, polyurethane (PUR), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), polyamide (PA), polyethylene (PE), non-woven aramid fibre material, etc.
- Laminated and other specialty papers
- Plastic films
Advantages over lamination
One major advantage of extrusion coating over lamination is that one less work step is necessary. In addition, only low line speeds are possible with standard laminating plants. In the case of extrusion coating they are much higher with many substrates. Both aspects lead to higher productivity and therefore lower overall costs for you. In addition, there is no unnecessary strain placed on the base materials.
- Cast film lines for extrusion coating
- Line for laboratory and pilot coatings up to 250 mm wide