Dispersions with individual character
As a reliable manufacturing partner, Emerell helps you create specific dispersions in small quantities.
We specialise in aqueous emulsion polymerisation. Our experienced team can carry out polymerisations with various monomers and keep the residual monomer content in the product low. We have many years of experience in the polymerisation of methyl methacrylate (MMA), vinyl acetate (VA), butyl acrylate (BA), styrene, VeoVa monomers and other acrylate monomers. We also offer a complete scaling chain with corresponding process engineering. We carry out dispersion polymerisation for you from small quantities of 100 kilogrammes and can also produce large volumes if necessary. The aqueous dispersion can be modified according to your requirements in a further process step on our mixing lines using various additives such as chalk, silicic acid, molten resin, etc. There is a large selection of options at your disposal for filling: from buckets, barrels and intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) onto tank lorries.
With our aqueous polymerisation offer we target the following customers:
- producers of adhesives can outsource the manufacturing of small quantities.
- we support producers of dispersions in the manufacturing of custom solutions for the areas of construction, textiles, etc.
- with our help, producers of paints and varnishes can extend their range with application-specific products.
- VeoVa monomers
- methyl methacrylate (MMA)
- vinyl acetate (VA)
- butyl acrylate (BA)
- acrylic acid
- methacrylic acid
Advice and support
Our team of experienced process engineers, chemists and mechanical engineers supports you in the first tests, regular production and also further development of your products. We clarify the technical and economic feasibility and provide you with samples for your own tests. We dispose of test waste and residual substances properly for you.
- polymerisation lines (1,000 to 15,000 l)
- laboratory and pilot lines
- tanks for raw materials, such as monomers (25 to 150 m3)
- tanks for finished products and semi-finished products (15 to 30 t)
For the aqueous polymerisation we usually use these kinds of emulsifiers:
3. Polyvinyl alcohol
4. Cation ionic